Welcome to the
Sedro-Woolley Safe Homes Parent Network:
How to Join:
1) Click on “Register Here” on the left side of the home page.
2) Agree to the Parent Pledge and enter your contact information.
3) Click “Register”.
4) Check back to the website to confirm you have been added to the directory (approval takes approximately one week). Log-In with your user name and password to view the directory or update your profile. Explore all the resources available!
Family is still the single most powerful influence in a child’s life! Our youth face intense societal pressure to use alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs. Sedro-Woolley parents must take a strong and visible stand to reverse the trend of alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use by youth.
The Sedro-Woolley Safe Homes Parent Network is based on the national Safe Homes substance abuse prevention program and the local Burlington network. The program is designed to encourage parents to set expectations for their children by:
- Knowing where they are, whom they are with, what they are doing, and when they will return home.
- Not permitting possession of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs by youth in their home or on their property.
- Actively supervising all gatherings of youth in their home or on their property.
- Protecting their children’s health by not smoking inside the home or car.
Purpose of the Safe Homes Network:
- Protect the safety of youth through education about the impact of adolescent alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use.
- Help parents establish a clear “NO USE” of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs message to their children.
- Encourage parents to openly communicate with one another about parenting concerns.
- Assist parents in establishing reasonable guidelines for their children’s behavior.
- Increase parent awareness of alternative activities for Sedro-Woolley youth.
- Provide a continuing support network for both Sedro-Woolley parents and youth.
Questions or for more information contact email@example.com .